|Last Name:||Not filled|
|Date of birth:||Not filled|
The Mettl Test for Critical Thinking (MTCT) measures the critical thinking ability of the test takers across various critical roles at all job levels, individual contributor to mid and senior management roles across industries. This test is suitable to be used in both recruitment and development settings. Critical thinking is defined as the ability to critically analyze information collected from various sources and render accurate judgement based on evidence and logical relationship between propositions. Responses to MTCT are scored based on how many correct options a respondent chooses. Each item answered correctly is awarded 1 mark and items answered incorrectly or not attempted are given a 0 (zero) mark. An individual’s overall score is an average of all items answered correctly. The scores are then converted into Sten scores, which bring these scores into a 10 point scale. A score of 1 indicates low performance and a score of 10 indicates high performance.
May be able to analyze and distinguish between strong and weak arguments objectively and without bias. Likely to identify and understand what is assumed or taken for granted in a situation, in the absence of adequate evidence. Likely to identify and analyze problems by finding and evaluating relevant information to reach an appropriate conclusion.
• Evaluate the information presented and think about the information objectively.
• Analyze statements/issues logically and identify the main factors of the statements/issues.
• Identify the weaknesses and the strong points of the information given.
• Consider multiple sides of a problem before picking a solution and repeat this activity daily to convert it into a habit.
• Start with evaluating the information. Take all the time you need to think and reflect about an array of things.
• Make it a point to think about things instead of making quick and rash decisions. Identify what implications there might be to the information provided.
• When faced with a new scenario or situation to evaluate, first try skimming for clues and recognize all the biases and make valid and suitable inferences.