We are an exciting web based product company in the education domain. We are in process of creating a cutting edge technology platform. Our product is getting great market traction. In a short span of time we have bagged clients like CapGemini, Cognizant, Ericsson, Times Group etc.
Our team has an excellent pedigree (from IITs, IIMs, NIT/RECs, NSIT etc.). We are based in Gurgaon (NCR), India and would be happy to meet / chat with the right prospects about the nature of our business and the global opportunity around it.The prospect should be willing to move to Gurgaon on an immediate basis.
Location – Gurgaon, Haryana
Experience – 1-6 years
For the Product Team at Mettl, we are looking for a talented and passionate person working in Technical Product Management of an IT product company. In the Product Management team, one will utilize his/ her critical thinking and technical skills to help directly drive Mettl's success.
You will be working with talented team of Developers, Testers, Sales, Customer Support and Operations who are responsible for smooth execution of Mettl Product delivery as Indian’s premiere company in Online Assessment Technology and Services.
This role will also be responsible for requirements gathering, writing technical specifications and product management to ensure that high quality end product is delivered on time. You'll ensure the delivery of a world-class product and customer experience. You'll be partly responsible for building and executing test plans across multiple platforms while working with engineering teams to identify and resolve defects. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented engineer with a passion for building great software product, helping improve dev efficiency and collaborating with QA team effectively.
1. Ideation of products and conceptualizing solutions that are sophisticated, while being strongly analytical.
2. Work closely with business stakeholders to balance business and technical objectives and manifest these as clear, stable priorities for the team.
3. Turn high-level product development objectives into a comprehensive set of stories by leading intensive, multi-discipline, collaboration sessions.
4. Collaborate with UI designers to understand and incorporate visual design, interaction modeling, and information architecture into functional specifications.
5. Work with developers, testers, and operations teams to support deliver the product that satisfies scalability, reliability, and performance goals
6. Understand and actively advance best practices through customer feedback and research.
7. Ensure visibility of efforts by designing methods of tracking and reporting quality metrics across all implementations to determine the effect of changes made to various systems.
8. Scale testing efforts across multiple releases for new features/ products.
9. Actively contribute to our team's culture of having fun together, embracing change, and delivering.
10. We own the Products which means we are fully responsible for
What should we build
Understand user behaviour
Discover Industry trends
Relate and empathise with the users
Lend an ear to Sales , Support , Operations , Clients
Why should we build it
How big is the market
What share of the pie are we looking at
What is the top and bottom line growth
Is there a strategic alliance
How would we execute it
Strategically define MVPs and long term roadmaps
Coordinate and work closely with engineering teams
Help the marketing team to announce it to the world
11. Familiarity with product development and understanding of typical technology architecture for large scale, complex applications.
12. Proven ability to work with cross functional teams to drive the implementation of new features as well as resolve operational issues.
Qualifications and Skills:
a. B.Tech/ M.tech (Computer Science) from any of the premiere institutes with appx. 2-4 years of experience in Product development and management later on.
b. MBA from a premiere institute is a plus.
c. Strong academic records for 10th and 12th.
d. Self-starter, accustomed to working in a changing environment, who enjoys and takes pride in technical solution
e. Ability to research, study market practices and creatively introduce/ solve challenging business/technology problems that impact the customers.
f. Ability to present complex technical information clearly to varying audiences.
g. Strong verbal and written communication skills including presentation and listening skills
Ability to thrive in a fast paced, startup environment