About the Scholarship
Mercer Mettl Scholarship for Emerging Leaders is designed to assist young leaders who show an exceptional flair for leadership and have the mettle to be dynamic business leaders of tomorrow.
Mercer Mettl is going to award three scholarships worth 2000 USD each.
- The award for the scholarship will be disbursed via the financial aid officer or any equivalent authority in the form of tuition fees, books, hostel fee, etc.
- The winner will be featured on our blog and social media accounts.
Scholarship At A Glance
Award Three scholarships worth 2000 USD each.
- Minimum 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale or an equivalent scale
- Proof of enrollment in a degree course from a recognized university
Contact info:Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the Mercer Mettl Scholarship For Emerging Leaders 2019, you must:
- Have a minimum 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Have proof of enrollment in a degree course from a recognized university or college.
Employees of Mercer | Mettl, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible.
Note: Before applying read the eligibility requirements and fill out the application linked below. Students in their first year are not eligible.
Last date to apply: 15th December 2019
Mercer Mettl Scholarship for Emerging Leaders 2019 Winners
In the second year of its running, the organization received over 2500 applications from 600 universities from 50+ countries. We were impressed by the efforts that each applicant put into the application and it was great getting to know candidates and read their exceptional leadership stories.
We are proud to present the winner of Mercer | Mettl’s Scholarship for Emerging Leaders 2019 – Kanupriya Jain from IIM Ranchi, India; Cavin Dennis Tito Siregar from Universitas Padjadjaran, Indonesia and Brandon Le from Texas A&M University, USA.
Kanupriya has held various leadership roles and has already published a book called Love Knot and wants to start a school for women to empower them to pursue their passion. After clearing UPSC IES, considered one of the most difficult exams, she decided to join IIM Ranchi to understand and master management dynamics. Cavin, from Universitas Padjadjaran in Indonesia, on the other hand, has participated in global summits and conferences in the past and has also been awarded UPG Sustainability Leader 2019. He is involved in an initiative to stop bullying and increase awareness about social acceptability and freedom for people to be themselves. Brandon, on the other hand, has worked extensively in welfare development through multiple organizations he leads to make the world a better community. He is currently pursuing graduation from Texas A&M University.
- Each of the judges will be assigned some candidates each candidate will be rated twice while candidate identity is anonymous.
- The judges will then rate the candidates on a scale of 1-10 based on the response on the scholarship application form on leadership skills like developing people,entrepreneurial mindset, influence, critical thinking etc.
- Based on the judge’s response, candidates academic performance and other social initiatives a score will be calculated to shortlist the top 5 candidates.
- After that, each candidates profile will be evaluated and a panel of judges will to select the final winner.
By submitting an application, the applicant automatically grants Mercer | Mettl permission to post the applicant’s name, college, photo (if submitted), and an essay on behalf of Mercer | Mettl. We are also granted permission to call and/or send you information regarding your application.
Once the winner has been selected and announced, we will destroy all sensitive information relat to the applicant. We will remove any information pertaining to the student at the student’s request.
Terms & Conditions
All submitted photos, videos, and essays must be original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per year. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. By submitting an application to Mercer | Mettl, you certify that all the information you have provided is original, accurate, and complete.
The applicant automatically grants Mercer | Mettl and/or its representatives permission to:
- Use their name, photo, essay and award amount, if any, in announcements or articles (i.e. social media, newsletter, etc) issued by Mercer | Mettl.
- Post the applicant’s name, college or university, video, and an essay on mettl.com website.
- Call and/or send information to the applicant regarding their application.
- Winner will be notified via email, and announced publicly, as well as on social media pages.
What is this scholarship about?
Mercer | Mettl Scholarship for Emerging Leaders is an annual scholarship program to identify and assist young leaders who are equipped with capabilities and character for leadership and have the mettle to be dynamic business leaders of tomorrow.
How many scholarships are being offered and what is the amount?
We are offering 3 scholarships of $2000 each.
How will you disburse the scholarship?
The award for the scholarship will be disbursed via the financial aid officer or any equivalent authority.
Who all are eligible for this scholarship?
To apply for the Mercer | Mettl Scholarship for Emerging Leaders, the candidates must:
– Have a minimum of a 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale;
– Have proof of enrollment in a degree course from a recognized university or college.
Since its aim is to support leadership potential in students, students of all courses are eligible for this scholarship.
What will be the eligibility criteria if the grading system is different from a 4.0 scale?
Our eligibility criterion is to have a 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 or equivalent scale. We would suggest students to fill in their applications in this format only. If their grading system is different from the 4.0 scale, they have to translate their grade with respect to the above scale in order to avoid any confusion and maintain a uniform grading system throughout.
As mentioned on the website, students in their first year are not eligible. What does this mean?
It means that to apply for this scholarship, a student has to have a proof of enrolment from a recognized university or college and a CGPA of at least one year.
Can you tailor the eligibility criteria of your scholarship so that it favors our students?
We are afraid that we can’t change the criteria for this scholarship. Mercer | Mettl Scholarship for Emerging Leaders 2019 is designed with the aim to assist young leaders who show an exceptional flair for leadership and have the mettle to be dynamic business leaders of tomorrow. Anyone who meets the following criteria is eligible for one of three $2000 scholarships:
– Have a minimum 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
– Have proof of enrollment in a degree course from a recognized university or college.
Is this scholarship for undergraduate or post-graduate students?
Since it’s a scholarship for supporting leadership potential in students, students of all courses are eligible for this scholarship.
If the winners are selected from our university, would the information be provided to us?
Yes, we will inform you by email as soon as we select the winner.
How will students apply?
To execute the scholarship in a seamless and structured way, we are using an online scholarship application platform. The platform will have all the details and step-by-step process of completing the application form.
How can students get in touch with us if they have any further queries?
Students can address their queries to email@example.com. Any doubts relating to the application and selection procedure will be resolved by our team.
Does the scholarship only cater to the US institutions and citizens only?
No, Mercer | Mettl Scholarship for Emerging Leaders is a global scholarship. Since it’s a scholarship for supporting leadership potential in students, students of all nationalities, regions, and courses are eligible for this scholarship.
Would the students be paying any registration fees when they apply?
No, there’s no application cost involved.
Does the scholarship only cater to students in their 2nd year and above? Does the same rule apply to PG programs too?
Yes, our filtration criteria are based on GPA and we don’t consider the GPA of the first year. Similarly, first-year students of PG are also not eligible.
When will the results be announced?
The winner will be announced in the second week of January.
How will the amount be disbursed?
The award for the scholarship will be disbursed via the financial aid officer or any equivalent authority only. Once we have selected the winner, we’ll start with the disbursal process.
As mentioned on the website, the award is $2000 per student, so, in which currency will you disburse the amount if we are from “X” country?
The disbursement of the scholarship will be in USD only.
What are the timelines to run this initiative in 2019?
As this is an annual scholarship, we would be reaching out to universities starting from April and the scholarship application is open till 15 December 2019. We would then begin the selection process which takes two-three weeks and by the end of January 2020, we will announce the winner.
What is the selection process?
The selection process is as follows:
– Each candidate will be evaluated anonymously by two independent judges.
– The judges will then rate the candidates on a scale of 1-10 based on their response to the scholarship application form for leadership skills like developing people, entrepreneurial mindset, influence, critical thinking, and so on.
– Based on the judge’s response, the candidate’s academic performance, and other social initiatives, a score will be calculated to shortlist the top 5 candidates.
– After that, each candidate’s profile will be evaluated and the expert leadership evaluation committee will vote to select the final winner.
Who was the previous winner?
Our last year winner was Mr. Morgan Gilmour, who has shown an exceptional flair of leadership throughout his career. Morgan has authored seven books, worked as a nuclear submarine engineer for four years, obtained a provisional patent for bulletproof vest design, and is currently an MD candidate at Rosalind Franklin University.
Mercer | Mettl, provides an Online Assessment Platform which delivers efficient, cost-effective and technology-driven skill assessments that help organizations to build winning teams by taking credible people decisions across two key areas: Acquisition and Development. Mercer | Mettl is currently partnering with over 2,000 global companies, 31 sector skill councils and 15+ educational institutes across 80+ countries. Mettl was acquired by Mercer in 2018, a global consulting leader in advancing health, wealth, and career, and a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people.
SECTOR SKILL COUNCILS