Recognition of prior learningRecognition of prior learning (RPL) describes a process used by regulatory bodies, adult learning centres, career development practitioners, military organizations, human resource professionals, employers, training institutions, colleges and universities around the world to evaluate skills and knowledge acquired outside the classroom for the purpose of recognizing competence against a given set of standards, competencies, or learning outcomes.
The Indian Life Sciences Sector, which comprises of Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, and Clinical Sciences, has been growing at a CAGR of 17%. The LSSSDC had a target of mapping and certifying about 3.4 million workers in this sector. In order to put this into motion, the LSSSDC in December-14 and January-15 got on board ten of India’s leading pharmaceutical companies and Mettl to conduct around 500 RPL certification assessments for Medical Sales Representatives.
What did we do?
Mettl in coordination with the pharmaceutical companies worked to deliver and execute a process flow, which masterfully handled the demand at hand:
- The companies nominated candidates for the RPL assessments, and shared the details with the LSSSDC, the information for which was in turn handed to Mettl
- Mettl directed the candidates to the nearest test centers, managing the assessments in batches of 25-30 candidates
- Candidates appeared for the assessment on the scheduled date and time
- An online proctored test and viva was conducted on the day of the assessment
- Results were made available and shared on a real-time basis with the LSSSDC
- Certification for their professional skills
- Validation of skills gained through work and life experience
- Identification of areas of strength and improvements
- Improved possibilities of career progression
- Enhanced productivity
- Clear guidelines for skill enhancement
- Development of necessary training plan to bridge skill gaps
- Helped meet the National Standards for skilled workforcg
Subscribe to our skills newsletter, a weekly digest of the happenings that matter in skill development from across the globe.
Get In Touch